SMA News Forums Forums Our Community 31 Days of SMA 2021 31 Days of SMA — Helping Others Achieve Their Goals

• 31 Days of SMA — Helping Others Achieve Their Goals

Posted by alyssa-silva on August 8, 2021 at 12:36 pm

In 2014, Ali Ramos had a change in heart after following disability activists online. Moved by their activism and change, she realized her days of hiding behind her computer screen as a graphic designer no longer fulfilled her. So, she decided to take a leap and share her story in hopes of helping others.

What came of it was a new career path, endless hours of schooling and multiple degrees, and a newfound success in helping others (specifically the disabled and LGBTQ+ communities) achieve their life goals. Today, Ali is working for a telehealth organization and simultaneously earning her clinical licensure.

I find Ali’s story to be inspiring. Personally, I think it takes a lot of gumption to entirely shift gears in your career when you don’t exactly know what the future holds. Reading her story though reminded me that you should take the chance to pursue what your heart desires. Have you been in a situation similar to Ali’s before? You can read all about it here.

alyssa-silva replied 2 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.