Sponsored Post

The importance of newborn screening for SMA

Rory and Carolyn met in seminary, fell in love, and got married. They decided to hold off on starting their own family while they settled into their first jobs in North Dakota. After a few years, they moved to Minnesota, where Rory accepted a job as a minister, and Carolyn enrolled in a hospital chaplain residency program. At the time, they did not know how important the decision to move would be for their future family. When they moved, neither North Dakota nor Minnesota had SMA on their newborn screening panel. It wasn’t until March 2018 that Minnesota adopted and implemented newborn screening for SMA, and then several months later, in 2018, Rory and Carolyn’s only son Edan was born.

This topic is empty.

• Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Today’s 31 Days of SMA post made me tear up a bit, not going to lie.

Sarah Rodriguez shared her experiences with her dog and how she was introduced to unconditional love by her first beloved pup. And, I really resonated with what she said. Dogs— or animals in general— are truly a gift in so many ways and to the point where I almost feel undeserving of them!

Sarah has since taken her love for dogs and gone on to be a certified dog trainer. There were some bumps along the way due to her disability and how she would perform some of the physical tasks for her certification exam. But, if there’s anything SMA has taught us, it’s how to be adaptive in all situations.

Do you have any dogs or other pets? How have they impacted your life? The picture here is of my 2 favorite bozos (what I affectionately call my dogs). But you can read Sarah’s awesome story here >>

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.