This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 2 months ago by Alyssa Silva.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

When you look around the world acceptable living arrangements vary from culture to culture.  Although I don’t live with my parents, many who have SMA do.  Maybe it’s part of our culture.  In Halsey’s column, Living at Home as a Young Adult with SMA, she explains why living with her parents works for her.  Unlike Halsey I wasn’t content living at home, so I chose a different path.  You have to do what works for you and makes you content.  What do you guys think?  Is living with your parents part of the SMA culture?

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

There’s definitely a lot of people with SMA who live with they’re parents. Especially people in their 20’s. But I can understand why not everyone would want to. I love my living arrangement, but everyone is different.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

I definitely related to what Halsey wrote in this column— I live at home and am almost 30! Right now, it works just fine. My parents are my primary caregivers and we get along great. They respect my privacy and let me live “independently.” My daytime caregivers and friends help foster that independence.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.