SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Being the Go-Between

• Being the Go-Between

Posted by deann-r on July 23, 2019 at 11:00 am

Does anyone else have trouble with their clinic and pharmacy communicating with each other? Fortunately I’m only on a couple medications. A few weeks ago I had one of those doctor visits that had no point other than to okay refills. However, when I called to refill my script, do you think the refill went through? Nope. So frustrating because I don’t know who to blame. The pharmacy blames the clinic, the clinic blames the pharmacy. I’m the one calling and messaging back & forth between them. Here’s a thought, communicate with each other! Meanwhile I’ve been completely out of my medication since Friday. What do people do who can’t advocate for themselves? So frustrating.

rachel-markley replied 4 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • bob-heitzman

July 23, 2019 at 11:25 am

Do you have the option of getting the paper Rx while at the clinic? A bit of a hassle to deliver it yourself to the pharmacy, but the refills should go through OK.

• deann-r

July 23, 2019 at 8:52 pm

I had to go into the clinic the last time this happened. Luckily they got it resolved, but it’s ridiculous.

• ryan-berhar

July 23, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Yeah, getting, well, pretty much anything is usually a huge ordeal. Things really get fun once insurance enters the mix. Like you said, someone obviously dropped the ball, but there’s no way to know who.

• deann-r

July 23, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Issue resolved…this time. Still not sure whose fault it actually was.

• rachel-markley

July 24, 2019 at 1:18 pm

All the time and it’s so frustrating! I have this most with clinics and DME companies but the other day it took 2 full days for me to get an antibiotic because of communication errors.