SMA News Forums Forums Life Advice and Transitions College Students Campus Organizations for Students with Disabilities

• Campus Organizations for Students with Disabilities

Posted by kevin-schaefer on May 12, 2018 at 11:00 am

For those of you who are in college, what kind of disability services or disability organizations does your school provide? I went to NC State, and one of the reasons I decided to go there is because they have a fantastic disability services department. They helped me acquire any classroom and testing accommodations I needed, and also provided me with student note-takers in my classes.

I wasn’t really involved in a club for students with disabilities, but I know they exist. I was pretty busy with the school newspaper and a Christian ministry. For those of you who are or have been in a club like this, describe your experience. Did you find a strong sense of community there?

Also, feel free to share other organizations you’re either currently involved in, or you have been active in at some point. If you can’t already tell, I’m a firm believer that getting involved in campus life is a huge part of the college experience. Whether it’s an academic club or fraternity/sorority, a social organization, an arts organization or a sports organization, getting plugged into some sort of group will really increase a student’s motivation. Talk to me if you have any questions about this, but I really do think getting involved in campus life and having an active social life is just as important as the academic portion of college.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.