SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research Spinraza (nusinersen) Changeing Your Mindset on Doing Things the Easy Way

• Changeing Your Mindset on Doing Things the Easy Way

Posted by deann-r on September 6, 2018 at 12:50 pm

I’ve always been a proponent of doing what I can myself.  With that being said, pre-Spinraza if there was an easy way to get something done that’s the way I’d do it.  Now that I’ve been on Spinraza a year I’m trying to challenge myself more. For example if something is just out of reach I make an effort to try to reach it before using a tool or asking someone.  What I’m finding is that when I still can’t do something it can be kind of a bummer. Have any of you experienced the same? I’ve decided my mantra has to be modified: Do what you can, it’s okay if you can’t at least you tried.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ryan-berhar-2

September 6, 2018 at 5:46 pm

I’ve always had a good understanding of what I can and cannot do, however, with the addition of my JACO, new doors—literally and figuratively—are now open. I’m still experimenting with it to see what’s possible. Sometimes I’ll try to complete a task, but I just can’t do it, so I have to get assistance.

• kevin-schaefer

September 7, 2018 at 9:55 am

I hear you. For me, I’ve tried moving my hands across my tray more without having to ask for help. Sometimes fatigue sets in and I have to get someone, but little things like this are good ways to challenge myself.