SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Finding a Perfect Parking Spot: It’s Complicated

• Finding a Perfect Parking Spot: It’s Complicated

Posted by kevin-schaefer on April 3, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Hello again! Here’s another column for you all from Kala: https://smanewstoday.com/2019/04/02/accessible-parking-ramp-van/. We have a lot of regular columns now, so be sure to check out the main website.

This post is definitely relatable. I can’t tell you how many times someone either parks in the handicapped spot, or on the white line that’s reserved for ramp space. I’m well accustomed to it, but it’s still frustrating. Friends who are new to driving me are always surprised by how often this occurs, and I just nod and welcome them to my world. We then have to back out in the middle of the parking lot to get me inside my van. Fortunately, the MV1 (a specialized van model that’s designed for wheelchair users) that my family uses has two ramps built into it. One is short, and the other is several feet longer. Being able to switch back and forth between the two is really convenient, especially when the parking spot I’m in is tighter and I need the short ramp.

I’m sure everyone here has stories. What issues do you frequently run into when it comes to finding a parking spot? Feel free to vent as well, and to share stories like the ones that Kala writes about.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.