• Sponsored Post

Adapting to Life Outside Our Home With SMA

I once heard a joke that a woman’s mind is like an Internet browser that has 1000 tabs open and running at once. I laughed at the time, but came to realize that if I didn’t actually feel like this before hearing the short acronym “SMA,” I most certainly do now.

I spend much of my time pre-planning and thinking of possible problems that we may run into because of the kids’ diagnoses. I think many other SMA parents do this as well. Prior to our lives with SMA, we didn’t realize just how inaccessible the world is to those who are differently-abled.

• This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan Berhar 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
       Ryan Berhar 
      Keymaster

Hey everyone, and happy Halloween! I wanted to let you know that today is my last day as a forum moderator. I’ve enjoyed getting to know you all, and I hope I’ve provided valuable information. But the time has come for me to make a change. I might check in once in a while, but I won’t be very active anymore. I will l leave you with this. Living with SMA is an unbelievably difficult burden, but you guys are absolute champions at it. The strength you guys approach life with inspires even me. Stay strong everyone. God bless.

Halsey Blocher 
      Participant

We’re going to miss you! And remember, just as we have inspired you, you have also inspired us. You have impacted people here in ways that only you can. Make sure you give yourself some credit for that.

And fortunately for you, you’re still stuck with me outside of the forums. You can’t get rid of me that easily! 😉

Kelly Miller 
      Participant

Ryan, I’m really sorry to hear this because I always look forward to reading your advice and opinions on all of our topics. However, I do understand that the need for change sometimes comes without warning, without permission. I hope that whatever you do from this point forward will be fulfilling for you and bring you happiness. Our SMA world is a better place because you are sharing it with us!

DeAnn R 
      Keymaster

Don’t be a stranger!  We enjoy getting your unique perspective on things.  Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Ryan Berhar 
      Keymaster

Thank you all very much. I’m glad to hear that my contributions mattered.

Kevin Schaefer 
      Keymaster

Thank you for all of your contributions here! Like DeAnn said, you’re more than welcome to participate in discussions here anytime. And I look forward to still seeing more videos from you. Take care.

Alyssa Silva 
      Keymaster

We’ll miss you Ryan. Thanks for always sharing your insight with us and for being a great resource on how to navigate life with SMA. Safe to say I have some pretty big shoes to fill here!

Ryan Berhar 
        Keymaster

Thanks Alyssa. You’ll do fantastic

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.