• Posted by lindsay-russell on April 18, 2023 at 2:57 pm

Hi! I graduated college in December with a Bachelor’s Degree in General Studies with a concentration in Behavioral Sciences. Does anyone have this degree and has a job in this field? I’m having no luck finding a job that I can do. Any ideas would be super helpful!

alyssa-silva replied 10 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • deann-r

April 19, 2023 at 7:27 pm

Sounds like an interesting field. One I’m not familiar with. What types of jobs have you looked into? One thing I’ve learned from job hunting is to think outside the box. Sometimes the traditional route doesn’t yield the results we want. All of my jobs I found through other people, so networking can be helpful.

Did your school provide any intern opportunities? Do you volunteer anywhere? These can lead to a job as well. I’m sure something will come your way. Curious, what’s your dream job?

• lindsay-russell

May 28, 2023 at 8:04 pm

I’ve been searching indeed for remote jobs online but I’ve had no luck in that department. I’ve been looking into interior design, event planner, and travel agent. I really have no idea on what I want to do because I don’t know what I can do. I’m on medicaid and receive a waiver program in my state, and to keep all the services I can’t make more than a certain amount of money but I don’t know what that limit is because no one knows. For my dream job, I have no idea. I’m also interested in graphic design/social media.

• alyssa-silva

April 20, 2023 at 12:22 pm

Hey Lindsay. Are you looking for jobs where you can work from home or head out to a location?

• lindsay-russell

May 28, 2023 at 8:05 pm

Right now I’m only looking for jobs where I can work from home, which apparently is really difficult to find lol.

• alyssa-silva

May 30, 2023 at 8:17 am

I read above that you’re interested in social media and graphic design as well. Those fields are perfect stay-at-home jobs. I started in social media after graduating from college. Have you tried posting on your own social media platform to ask for social media manager jobs? In the meantime, my best advice is to simply practice. Practice making your social media presence more visible. Practice graphic design. There are countless YouTube videos on how to learn graphic design. That’s how I got started too. 🙂

• kevin-schaefer

April 24, 2023 at 8:44 am

Hey Lindsay, do you use Vocational Rehabilitation services? They may be able to help.

• lindsay-russell

May 28, 2023 at 8:07 pm

I do not. In my area of the state I live in, they are not that helpful so I haven’t gone that route.