SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Life with SMA: My Passions Keep Me Sane!

• Life with SMA: My Passions Keep Me Sane!

Posted by sma-news-today-moderator on July 13, 2018 at 1:38 pm

Despite the loss of physical abilities, Kevin Schaeffer is still able to pursue a number of his creative passions, like film, podcasting and comic books. He notes that being able to stick with these hobbies has helped him maintain a great quality of life, and he encourages other people living with SMA to find similar outlets to help them enjoy life to the fullest.

Read more of what Kevin has to say about his passions in his column: How My Passions Have Increased My Quality of Life

What about you? Which passions boost your quality of life? Share them with us!

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • kevin-schaefer

July 20, 2018 at 1:33 pm

I’d also add that I did a lot of theatre growing up. That was formative for me, and helped me discover my passion for writing. I’d love to hear from you all what kind of things you did or currently do in school, and what your hobbies are now. Individual hobbies are great, but I’d say the more you can do with a community of people, the better.