SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA How Many Meals Do You Consume a Day

• How Many Meals Do You Consume a Day

Posted by kevin-schaefer on October 13, 2018 at 2:00 pm

I’m on a pretty normal diet, but I rarely need three full meals a day. I’m usually good with a full lunch and dinner, and then snacks a couple times a day. By the time I’m up and ready in the morning I just have time to grab something quick, and then I work up until lunch.

What about you all? How many meals do you eat on a typical day?

michael-morale replied 5 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • ryan-berhar-2

October 15, 2018 at 8:18 pm

One or two small meals depending on my appetite.

• kevin-schaefer

October 16, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Gotcha. Do you feel pretty filled up from doing the overnight feeding tube? I’ve never used one, so I’m curious what kind of feeling it leaves you with.

• ryan-berhar-2

October 16, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Yes, and it has become more so over time. Like when I was in school, I usually ate breakfast, but for the last few years, I’ve rarely had an appetite till afternoon. These days, I often wake up feeling bloated with liquid is the best way I can describe it. It doesn’t feel good, but if I miss my tube feeds I’ll literally be on death’s door. I’m not sure what, if anything I can do about it.

• adnan-hafizovic

October 16, 2018 at 10:15 am

I don t eat too much for brekafast but for lunch I like to eat a lot.For dinner I usually take one cake and that is.Between meals I take some fruits.

• kevin-schaefer

October 16, 2018 at 12:05 pm

Yeah I usually don’t have too much for breakfast either. By the time I’m up and ready for work it’s close enough to lunch. I also eat a lot for lunch.

• deann-r

October 17, 2018 at 4:20 pm

I was never a breakfast eater either. Another thing I couldn’t wrap my head around is how people snack so much. One thing I’ve noticed with Spinraza though is that I snack more often. Feeding tube just doesn’t satisfy me, so I do cheat with snacks quite often.

• michael-morale

October 17, 2018 at 5:19 pm

I’m like DeAnn, I’m not much of a breakfast eater. Yesterday when I went to go see my pulmonologist, my caregiver and I got there about an hour early so we went to the cafeteria and we both had breakfast. I usually just eat lunch around 2 o’clock in the afternoon, and I’m good to go for the rest of the day. Every once in a while I may eat a banana or something small just to tide me over, but for the most part, one meal a day is all I need.