SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Merry Christmas Everyone!

• Merry Christmas Everyone!

Posted by survivinglife on December 25, 2019 at 8:13 am

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! Did you get what you wanted? Did you get more than you wanted? I didn’t exactly get everything I wanted, but I did get a few gift cards. Lol. I got a few small notebooks from my brother, which is exactly what I wanted. I plan on using them to work on a script idea for a movie that shows what life is like when you have SMA. (Btw, any suggestions for what I should include in the movie? Any tips for writing a movie about disability? What would you want to see in a movie about SMA?) My brother also got me a movie about Jesus called The Son Of God that looks really good. From my moms, I got new robe, stylus pen for my tablet (which I’m using right now), a stand to hold my tablet for me while I’m laying down, new earrings that are crosses, a Spider-Man game for the PS4, a back scratcher, and Witchcraft and Monsters by Kala Godin! I’m so excited to read it!

halsey-blocher replied 4 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • deann-r

December 25, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Merry Christmas to you as well!  Sounds like you’ll certainly be keeping busy.  You’ll have to let us know how the book is.  I know there are a lot of avid readers in the group.  Kala’s articles are always a good read.

My surprise was a drone.  It has a camera on it, but first I have to learn how to fly it, lol.  The directions aren’t very good, I think they were written in a foreign language and translated to English. Hoping YouTube will provide some guidance.  It’ll be fun to figure it out.

• survivinglife

December 25, 2019 at 8:23 pm

Lol. I’ve actually already finished the book. I don’t always read, but when I do, I finish books in one sitting. Lol. But it was really good!! Very relatable. I especially love the poems Love Potions, Millennial Warfare, Broken Mechanics, and Shipwrecks and Salt Water. That last one is very inspiring. I also tried playing my new Spider-Man game. It’s hard! But fun!

Drones sound cool! I’ve seen videos on YouTube where they put a camera on the drone and caught footage of what the drone saw from above. It’s so cool! I hope you can figure it out and have fun!

• halsey-blocher

December 25, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Holy cow, Crystal! I can’t believe you finished it already! Kala is a very talented writer so I’m sure it’s great.

Im also a book worm, so I also got several books that I’m looking forward to digging into, as well as a sweater that I’ve had my eye on for a few weeks.

Glad you both enjoyed Christmas!

• survivinglife

December 25, 2019 at 9:49 pm

She is a very talented writer! It’s a great book for anyone but especially for other people with SMA.
    What kind of books did you get?

• kevin-schaefer

December 26, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you’re all enjoying the holiday season, whatever you celebrate.

Crystal, have you checked out The Screenwriter’s Bible? That’s a really good resource.

• alyssa-silva

December 28, 2019 at 9:42 am

Merry Christmas friends! Sounds like everyone made out well with their gifts. I asked for a record player which I got. However, my parents forgot to buy me records so right now it’s just sitting pretty on a bench in my bedroom haha. I also got a bluetooth thermostat to control on my own which I’m very excited about!

• survivinglife

December 28, 2019 at 10:23 am

A Bluetooth thermostat?! That’s so cool! I’m jealous. Lol. Although I got a few fuzzy and warm blankets and a robe so I can’t really complain.

Kevin, I haven’t read The Screenwriter’s Bible yet, but I want to. I have read The Idea by Erik Bork and that was really helpful. I’ve also recently read The 21st Century Screenplay: A Comprehensive Guide to Writing Tomorrow’s Films by Linda Aronson and that’s a wonderful book. Very in depth too.

• halsey-blocher

December 29, 2019 at 9:11 pm

I got one about Queen Elizabeth (I find her extremely interesting), and a few Doctor Who ones.