SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA My Weekly Journal – 03/11 Through 03/17

• My Weekly Journal – 03/11 Through 03/17

Posted by michael-morale on March 18, 2019 at 6:43 pm
    Monday, March 11, Through Sunday, March 17 – This was one of those weeks where everything started out great, and then on Thursday, it seems as if my luck ran out. I went back to UT Southwestern Medical Center on Monday, March 11 for my 8th injection of Spinraza. Everything went well regarding my procedure, but on Thursday, my prostate enlarged and it made it very difficult for me to sit up straight in my wheelchair. If I update my website and YouTube channel on Saturday, that meant that I had to go back to the hospital. If I do have to go back to the hospital, they will probably want to admit me for a few days to run some tests and to give me some antibiotics. If I update my website and YouTube channel on Sunday, like I normally do, that means that the symptoms that I’m going through have gotten better.

When I went in for my workout with Emily on Tuesday, we went through my 4 week reevaluation. My reevaluation went very well, and I will post the results of this evaluation next week. I will also discuss these results in next Sunday’s YouTube video. After my reevaluation, Emily and I worked on my core strengthening exercises with the resistance bands. After the evaluation, I was tired, but we still went through my normal core strengthening exercises, and I was able to do everything without any issues.

In this week’s video, I discuss what happened to me on Monday, March 11, 2019, when I went back to UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas Texas for my 8th injection of Spinraza. This was the beginning of my second year of maintenance doses, and I detail exactly what doctors did to me, and I also discuss a change that doctors made to my procedure which made it much easier for me. Click HERE to view my video.

I hope that all of you had a fantastic week. Do something for yourself this upcoming week that will make you a better person. God bless you and I’ll see you next Sunday.
    michael-morale replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.