• Parking annoyances

Posted by deann-r on October 24, 2018 at 11:06 am

[caption id="attachment_14833" align="alignnone" width="300"] Photo courtesy of DeAnn Runge[/caption]

In one of my vlogs I mentioned while going to my OT appointments this guy has parked (several times) in front of the curb cut leading up to the building.  I actually went into the business and made them aware.  The guy was there and just said “sorry,” and that he was only going to be there a minute.  I didn’t think he’d do it again, but sure enough there it was when I left OT yesterday.  It was running this time.  I was so tempted, but not daring enough, to have my mom move it to the appropriate spot.  Since I could get around it we just left, but it’s so annoying how inconsiderate that is. What bugs me even more is that I’m still stewing about it a day later, and he’s none the wiser.  What would you guys do?

ryan-berhar-2 replied 5 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

October 24, 2018 at 11:49 am

Ugh this is annoying. When my friends drive me, they’re amazed at how often people park illegally. I’m just so used to it, but I really wish this law was more enforced. If I see the person I say something. Sometimes they apologize and are very sincere, other times they just suck and are incredibly rude. It never hurts to notify the business or restaurant you’re at, but it’s rare that they actually do anything.

• ryan-berhar-2

October 24, 2018 at 6:01 pm

Usually police can’t catch offenders in time, but because this is recidivous, I’d probably report it. Let them know it’s a pattern, and that it’s causing you problems.

• adnan-hafizovic

October 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm

If you report to police then most people will say,that you are frustrated because you are in wheelchair,you haven t nothing to do,so your hobby is called police without reason.Little joking.Yes you should call police,we must fight for our rights.

• deann-r

October 25, 2018 at 12:36 pm

That’s probably one of the reasons I don’t report it.  I always think they’ll consider it a petty thing to complain about.  You’re correct though, we certainly should advocate for our rights.

• deann-r

October 25, 2018 at 12:46 pm

Although I didn’t report this to the police, I decided to send a submission to our local paper to put in their community thumbs up/down section. I doubt they’ll print the photo, and this idiot might not see it, but maybe it’ll make a few people think twice.  I also downloaded the Parking Mobility app where you can turn in violators by taking pictures and submitting it.  The drawback is you need 3 specific photos which is challenging.  Have you guys tried an app like  this before?

• ryan-berhar-2

October 25, 2018 at 6:09 pm

I don’t think it’s petty at all. It’s a huge problem, and hardly anyone takes it seriously.