Tagged: ,

• Power Outages

Posted by ryan-berhar-2 on July 20, 2018 at 4:17 pm

Recently we had a power outage around 6 AM. While a normal person would have slept through it, my hospital bed deflated and my machines died. It threw off my sleep schedule and put a damper on my weekend. Have any of you dealt with this? Do you have generators or something?

michael-morale replied 5 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • deann-r

July 20, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Thankfully any power outages we’ve had have been short lived.  I’m also not dependent on machines as many are.  I’m guessing my chair could go a couple days, but I’d probably go to a family members house if it was out long enough.  A generator wouldn’t be a bad idea though.  I know my sister has one because their basement would flood if the sump pump wasn’t running.  Don’t think they’ve used it.

• ryan-berhar-2

July 21, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Good point. Most don’t last long, but I forgot to mention that this one lasted almost three hours.

• kevin-schaefer

July 22, 2018 at 1:40 pm

We did have one outage that lasted a few days about two years ago. It was all over our area, not just our house. It was a pain, but we were able to stay with my grandparents. I was also still in school at the time, so I was able to stay on campus during the day.

Yeah, I’d definitely recommend getting a generator. Especially if the power goes out in the middle of the night, it’s good to have something like that.

• adnan-hafizovic

July 25, 2018 at 6:49 am

Generator is solution or if you have good electrician who can make that your bed been conect on batteries.It depend how often is power outage.I think I wrote that my electrican made on my lift hoyer option if my battery is empty i can turn on my lift in slot.And he put on my lift bigger battery with bigger capacity.

• michael-morale

July 26, 2018 at 5:37 pm

We’ve had a few power outages over the years, but most of them are short-lived. I have a power generator, but to be honest with you, I’m not sure if it would even start now. I tried to get on the emergency list with my power company, but since I’m not dependent on a ventilator or any kind of life support equipment, I didn’t qualify. I guess I need to go ahead and get my generator looked at to make sure that it would still function if I needed it.