• Reconsidering Spinraza

Posted by ryan-berhar-2 on July 12, 2018 at 6:40 pm

If you’ve followed my Spinraza journey, you know it has been rough. After a year and a half of setbacks, including a scheduled surgery falling through, I became very frustrated and decided not to pursue Spinraza any further. Even after learning there were doctors in my city who could potentially administer the drug through the neural foramen, I didn’t want any part of it. However, after reflecting on things for about three months, I realized that I was making an emotional decision rather than a pragmatic one. This can be an extremely taxing process, both emotionally and physically, but I want to encourage everyone here to make the best decision possible. Try not to let the frustration take over. Making emotional decisions is always a bad idea.

ryan-berhar-2 replied 5 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • michael-morale

July 12, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Ryan,

Excellent point. It can be overwhelming at times. Please reconsider taking Spinraza. It’s leveled me off and I feel so much better.

• deann-r

July 12, 2018 at 9:19 pm

I can completely understand the reluctance to pursue Spinraza.  Having gone through the process I know how difficult it is.  Some are still fighting for it. Others such as yourself decided it may not be worth the struggle. I respect everyone’s decision as it’s a personal choice.  I’m glad to hear you’re reconsidering. Whatever you decide there’s a community of support behind you.

• kevin-schaefer

July 13, 2018 at 10:13 am

Echoing what DeAnn said, I fully understand how overwhelming the process is. I had a ton of anxiety going in, and for a while I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go through with it.

Again, it is totally your decision and I know you’ve had plenty of setbacks already. Regardless, I support you either way. If however you do want to look into the neural foramen method, I have a friend who receives it that way. Just let me know if you want me to put you in touch with her.

• ryan-berhar-2

July 13, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. Kevin, yes, I would appreciate that contact.