SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Should’ve Followed My Instincts

• Should’ve Followed My Instincts

Posted by deann-r on March 8, 2022 at 9:38 am

As my PCA tossed my slippers into the microwave without the turntable I had my mouth open to say something. Although they are microwavable, I knew it wasn’t a good idea without rotating. Instead of saying something though, I figured they’d be fine. I didn’t want to make waves and have to justify my reasoning. Now my favorite slippers have a hole in them and smell burnt. Mom can patch the hole, but I don’t think there’s much she can do about the pungent smell.

Even though I want to blame my PCA for it, I know the fault lies with me. I need to trust my instincts even if it means ruffling feathers. Who knows, even if I had said something the result may have been the same. At least then I’d’ve known I did everything I could. Thankfully winter is almost over. Maybe I can find an end of season clearance sale.

Do you follow your instincts? Do you have examples of when you should have but didn’t?

tammy replied 2 years ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • carole-st-laurent

March 8, 2022 at 6:14 pm

If you ruffle the feathers too often, they’ll say “you’re too demanding”

• alyssa-silva

March 8, 2022 at 8:37 pm

So true. I’ve also been called “bossy” many times. ????

• tammy

March 10, 2022 at 4:18 pm

I’ve gotten to the point where I just let my mouth fly lol. And I make that clear to them now LOL. I have even said to some of their faces… You can feel free to do things however you like in your own home but in my home we will do things the way I like since it’s my stuff and my care. I’ve also even pointed out to them, I’m sure you wouldn’t like somebody telling you how to do something in your home. I just don’t even care anymore LOL. People need to have some respect and think about how they would feel if it was them. I had a girl one time fold my toilet paper pieces into little tiny strips the size of like a credit card-ish, and I was like can you unfold that and make it bigger please. She was like, it doesn’t matter. And I was like, well it does to me. I’m sure we all have endless amounts of stories lol