Tagged: ,

• Stuck in a Rut

Posted by deann-r on April 14, 2022 at 11:46 am

It probably has a lot to do with winter dragging on, but I’m feeling stuck in a rut.  Day after day I have the same routine. Talk to the same people. Have the same problems.  How do you spice things up?  Even the cats think I’m boring.

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 11 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • survivinglife

April 15, 2022 at 12:44 am

I play PlayStation 4. I have a monopoly game on there that also has family feud and trivial persuit and scrabble on it and I seriously love it.

• anna

April 15, 2022 at 2:58 am

The pandemic has had the same effect on me! For the past two years it feels like I’ve been wallowing in a constant state of idleness! I took three online courses just to take comfort in the thought of doing something useful during my “incarceration”. I didn’t get much wiser, but I met new people through the e-campus which was a nice change.

Short trips also do the trick. I know traveling can be an arduous ordeal for many of us, but it’s worth the effort once in a while.

• alyssa-silva

April 15, 2022 at 10:00 am

Like Anna, I’ll take some courses on Skillshare. I’ve learned how to use Adobe Illustrator and know the basics in Photoshop too. I also picked up another job and started selling my artwork, so I stay busy! Doing something creative is my way to spice things up.

• blake-watson

April 15, 2022 at 2:36 pm

I’ve had this page open for a few days but I finally am accepting that I’m so boring as to not have any advice to confer. ???????? I basically just work all the time.

• alyssa-silva

April 28, 2022 at 11:03 am

Giving this some more thought… what about an online meetup or virtual club? After two years of social distancing, I’m definitely craving more socialization. Unfortunately, I’m too scared to try these things, but maybe you’re braver than I am. ????