SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Support Pads for When I’m Reading

• Support Pads for When I’m Reading

Posted by kevin-schaefer on July 9, 2018 at 9:00 am

I’m a pretty voracious reader, but I often have trouble flipping the pages in a book. Depending on my energy level or the size of the book, it can be too difficult sometimes to read a hard copy. I read more eBooks these days on my iPad, but I still prefer print. When you spend all day working for a website, the last thing you want to do at night is stare at a screen.

Recently though my Mom found some support pads off Amazon that I can use for my hands. Earlier today I used them to prop my left hand while I was reading a thick paperback. I kept my right hand on my phone next to the book, and from there I could turn the pages pretty easily. I’ll try to find a link if any of you are interested.

Any tips you all have? When you read, do you prefer digital or in-print?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

July 9, 2018 at 9:59 am

I just looked at the pad itself. It’s called a Sisu pillow, and you can visit the website at http://sisupillow.com.

• adnan-hafizovic

July 10, 2018 at 12:00 pm

I prefer digital but i can also use print books wtihout any problems.But it is easier to use digital books,smartphone is smaller then book and on our smartphones we also have music and other stuffs.

• kevin-schaefer

July 10, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Definitely. I use my phone for reading, music, podcasts, writing, social media, emails, etc. It’s just easier to move my fingers across the screen.