SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA The Importance of Family

• michael-morale

July 12, 2018 at 9:34 am

Kevin, I couldn’t agree with you more regarding surrounding yourself with people who understand what we, as SMA patients are going through. Like you, I was extremely lucky to have a great family support system. My parents, who are no longer with me, provided not only the love and support that I needed, but they also gave me the physical support that those of us with SMA need as well.

While I wasn’t a social butterfly as a child, those who managed to work their way into my life and become my friends, are those that are still in my life. I’ve always said that if you have me as a friend, you have me for the good and the bad times. If you have somebody in your life that is only there for the good times, and they are not available to help you during the bad times, these are the people that we need to eliminate from our life. To say that I have been blessed to have good family and friends would be an understatement, and while keeping friends is a difficult thing to do sometimes in life, the work that I put in, regarding keeping these relationships, is something that I’m very proud of. While there will always be negative people in our life, it’s up to us to choose whether or not we allow these individuals to influence the way that we live.

• adnan-hafizovic

July 13, 2018 at 5:21 am

Like both of you I have also support of my family,of coures specialy from my mom and dad but he died before 6 years,and big support from my brother and his wife.Besides theirs I have also big support from my uncles,aunts and my cousins.For example these days my brother and his family will go on vacation,and that heard my cousin and he right away came to me and said to me if I need something I can call him.But I think that our lifes would be more better when gonna have wife or husband and of course kids.I`m a little jelousy in positive way on people with SMA who are in marriage.