SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Trying To Pass Kidney Stones

• Trying To Pass Kidney Stones

Posted by kevin-schaefer on December 13, 2018 at 10:33 am

Well, those dreaded little suckers are back for me. I’ve dealt with kidney stones before, and I’m currently trying to pass one. I’ve felt it for a few days now, and it fortunately hasn’t kept me from peeing. I’ve actually been going a lot, and drinking a ton of water. I’ve also had bowel movements, and I had much more energy yesterday. I think it’s moved, but I just want it gone.

For those of you who have had stones before, how long does it usually take you to pass them.

ryan-berhar-2 replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • deann-r

December 13, 2018 at 8:42 pm

When I had kidney stones as a kid they had to blast them. A few years back I assumed I had a kidney infection, but pretty sure it was a small stone. It was a few days at least. Once I passed them I was good.

They’re miserable. Probably worse for guys. Hope you’re feeling better.

• kevin-schaefer

December 20, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Just an update on this. I got an x-ray done on Monday, and it revealed that there were no new stones. I have had one stone lingering for two years now, but it hasn’t moved and it’s not in a dangerous spot. I figure that whatever’s been causing me trouble is some kind of stomach bug. I haven’t been in pain in a few days, but my appetite has been on and off. I’ll eat some, and then feel like I have to go to the bathroom right away, or at least am somewhat queezy. I have been drinking a lot of water and ginger ale, and both help. Just hoping that whatever this is will go away soon.

I did make it to PT this morning, so that helped get my body moving. My energy has just been off since I’ve been dealing with this. Really I just want to be well by the time Christmas comes so I can enjoy it and eat well.

• ryan-berhar-2

December 20, 2018 at 9:32 pm

Feel better brotha