This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by DeAnn R.

• Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Hey friends. Just wanted to reach out to our members and check in, especially with our west coasters. How is everyone? Is the air quality affecting your breathing?

I live on the opposite side of the country (in Rhode Island), and the smoke has actually reached us here. There’s a reddish film in the sky so thick that you can actually look at the sun without squinting. I never imagined it’d make it this far.

Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to help during these challenging times. We are always here.

Nikki
      Participant

Hi Alyssa, it’s very very bad. I am staying indoors except for the occasional grocery errand and doctor appointment. I had black mucous from my nose and incessant coughing for the better part of the week. I am 10 miles from the Bobcat fire. Although it is beginning to clear up, a humidifier would have helped. There is a policy that the California Public Utilities Commission is to provide for the disabled community equipment that pertain to medical needs that could be strained during a natural disaster but sadly they have not upheld their responsibility.

Stay safe

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Oh Nikki I’m so sorry to hear that. You stay safe as well. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Glad to hear you’re safe Nikki. I can’t imagine air quality that poor. Please keep advocating your needs to the commission. Sending hugs to Cali!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.