SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA What Would You Do As A Billionaire?

• What Would You Do As A Billionaire?

Posted by deann-r on November 7, 2022 at 4:54 pm

As the Powerball jackpot grows, I’m a little frustrated that I can’t just run down to the Holiday station and pick up a ticket. I’ve wasted $2 in worse ways before. At this point the jackpot’s so high it wouldn’t matter if it threw a wrench into my benefits. It boggles my mind a little knowing you have better odds of having SMA than winning the lottery though.

I was preparing to brush my teeth when I heard that another drawing went by without a winner. The next estimated at $1.9 billion.
    Looking in the mirror I thought, a beautician, yup I would hire a beautician to do my hair and makeup every day. And maybe buy a jet. Not just to travel around the world, but to prove you can stay in your wheelchair safely during a flight. Certainly, they wouldn’t deny a billionaire the right to remain in their chair. Maybe then airlines would follow suit. Could I afford a fleet of jets? Then I could start my own airline, Access Air.

You can’t win if you don’t play. Maybe I can talk someone into picking me up a couple of tickets if I promise them a cut.
    What would you do if you were to become a billionaire? Has SMA influenced your decision to play or not to play? May the odds be ever in your favor if you do.

anna replied 1 year, 5 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • tammy

November 7, 2022 at 9:13 pm

I’ll volunteer to be one of your first passengers ????????????

• deann-r

November 9, 2022 at 5:00 pm

Didn’t win, so maybe next time, but you’ll be on the list.

• alyssa-silva

November 8, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Sadly, the jackpot has been claimed. But I would definitely do some damage with billions of dollars. Top three: pay off family’s debt, pay for my niece and nephews’ college tuitions, and buy a little cottage right on the ocean. 🙂

• alyssa-silva

November 8, 2022 at 7:04 pm

I would also have a second house on a farm where I could rescue senior golden retrievers and give them the best life— a life goal of mine. ????

• deann-r

November 9, 2022 at 5:01 pm

All sound like a good plan.

• anna

November 9, 2022 at 3:39 am

I would ensure a lifetime’s stock of Evrysdi since it’s not reimbursed for patients over 25 years old in Greece. Either that or I’d buy Twitter and save humanity from the monumental incompetence of the raving lunatic who owns it now! Plus, I would invest in Access Air! I never play though. If SMA has taught me anything it’s to leave nothing to chance.

Btw, I too have thought about hiring a beautician to do my hair and makeup every day! It’s a relatively attainable goal. My boss has one and she’s neither a billionaire nor disabled lol!

• deann-r

November 9, 2022 at 5:09 pm

I’d go with the Evrysdi. Let Twitter implode on itself, ha ha.

Typically I don’t play either but it’s fun to dream sometimes. Do they have a lottery in Greece? A beautician isn’t in the budget, but nice to know it’s attainable.

• anna

November 10, 2022 at 3:15 am

Sure, there are many options. My dad buys one every New Year’s Eve, but it’s no more than a family tradition to me. A beautician isn’t on the budget for me either – at least not until the next millennium when I’ll get promoted to a partner – but, like you said, it’s fun to dream!