• Posted by ryan-berhar-2 on August 5, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Another dental related question: How do you handle the wisdom teeth issue? It was recently recommended to me that I should get them pulled, but I’m pretty adamant against it. I am an advocate of surgery only when necessary, and my wisdom teeth have caused me zero issues. I don’t want to do a surgery to prevent potential complications in 10-15 years. But I want to hear your experiences.

adnan-hafizovic replied 5 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

August 6, 2018 at 9:23 am

I have yet to remove my wisdom teeth, and I agree that a surgery isn’t worth it if it’s not urgent. I’d say talk about it some more with your dentist. You don’t want to put it off too long, but it also sounds like there’s no need to take care of it right away. I’d say Spinraza kind of takes priority.

• emma

August 6, 2018 at 4:17 pm

Hey!

I got 2 of my wisdom teeth removed 1 year ago. And I’m going to have the two last removed soon.
    I really can’t open my mouth a lot, I think you can’t even put 2 fingers vertically. And the dentist didn’t have any problem removing them, she was pulling on the sides of the mouth and when I felt tired I made a sign and i could close a bit to get some rest. So no general anesthesia just a local one in the mouth for the pain, not really a surgery. Done in 20 min.
    My doctor said if possible it’s better to get them removed fast because my mouth opening will not be improving and they can easily create problems.

• deann-r

August 7, 2018 at 10:05 am

Got my wisdom teeth removed several years ago by an oral surgeon.  I wasn’t totally put out, but enough that I don’t  remember it.  Still don’t know how he managed to get in there to get em out and frankly I’d rather not know.  My mouth opening was small then, but even smaller now, so guess I’m glad I had it done.

• adnan-hafizovic

August 7, 2018 at 1:11 pm

Ryan if you don t have pains dont pull it,when starts hurt then do it.That is my recomendation.

• ryan-berhar-2

August 7, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Did you have a bad experience?

• adnan-hafizovic

August 8, 2018 at 7:29 am

No I haven t but,yes one my wisdom theeth little hurts me before two years ,i used something and now haven t problems.Every surgery is little painful,you probably know that,just I said my opinion if you haven t any pains don t do,but if you must and doctor say you must do it ,then do it.Maybe you ll haven t any pains through and after surgery,but you ll have.It depends .