Sponsored Post

The importance of newborn screening for SMA

Rory and Carolyn met in seminary, fell in love, and got married. They decided to hold off on starting their own family while they settled into their first jobs in North Dakota. After a few years, they moved to Minnesota, where Rory accepted a job as a minister, and Carolyn enrolled in a hospital chaplain residency program. At the time, they did not know how important the decision to move would be for their future family. When they moved, neither North Dakota nor Minnesota had SMA on their newborn screening panel. It wasn’t until March 2018 that Minnesota adopted and implemented newborn screening for SMA, and then several months later, in 2018, Rory and Carolyn’s only son Edan was born.

This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by LennoxConner.

• Author
      LennoxConner
      Participant

Did everyone see that Twitter announced their employees will have the option to continue to work from home long after the pandemic is over?

Like telehealth conferencing, I’m curious to see if this “new” practice is here to stay. I used quotations for ‘new’ because working from home isn’t some novel idea. But perhaps companies would be more open to it.

This has actually been the case for my brother’s engineering company. They were adamant about keeping their office open but gave working from home a test run, and it has worked out much better than originally expected.

Could this possibly be a great advantage to the disability community and finding work? What are your thoughts?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I’ve always worked from home. It’s a great option and I’m glad to see that companies are seeing the value of it as well. As long as productivity levels remain consistent I can’t see why this wouldn’t be an option long term. In fact I can see it offering companies a larger pool of employees to choose from as well, so win win from my perspective.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

I’ve always worked from home as well. I definitely think this is a huge step in the right direction for employment opportunities in the disability community. It’s just a little discouraging that it took a pandemic to show that working from home is a viable and accessible option for us.

LennoxConner
      Participant

Did everyone see that Twitter announced their employees will have the option to continue to work from home long after the pandemic is over?

Like telehealth conferencing, I’m curious to see if this “new” practice is here to stay. I used quotations for ‘new’ because working from home isn’t some novel idea. But perhaps companies would be more open to it.<style type=”text/css”><!–td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}–></style><span data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"https://omegle.onl/&quot;}” data-sheets-userformat=”{"2":268512,"8":{"1":[{"1":2,"2":0,"5":{"1":0}},{"1":0,"2":0,"3":3},{"1":1,"2":0,"4":1}]},"9":1,"10":2,"14":[null,2,1136076],"15":"arial,sans,sans-serif","21":1}” data-sheets-hyperlinkruns=”[null,0,"https://omegle.onl/"%5D”&gt;https://omegle.onl/</span>

This has actually been the case for my brother’s engineering company. They were adamant about keeping their office open but gave working from home a test run, and it has worked out much better than originally expected.

Could this possibly be a great advantage to the disability community and finding work? What are your thoughts?

thankyou my issue has been solved

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.