Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

In my opinion SMAers are some the most ingenious folks around. Knowing this I want to find out what clever hacks you have that allow you to get things done. For example I use a pair of scissors to open a pop can. I also use a spaghetti spoon to reach things & turn light off/on. At least the ones not Alexafied yet. What kind of things make life easier for you? Bonus if you have something that helps open things like a water bottle.

Adam
      Participant

I’ve got a back scratcher that’s extendable almost 2ft. Originally purchased for it’s obvious use but I’ve found the claw scratchy bit hooks things well so I can slide a tray, plate, remote etc closer. The handle is a slightly textured rubber so I can flip it & use it to press light switches since its grippy & doesn’t just slip off the smooth switch. Once I’d laid my seat back & fell asleep, woke up & my hand had fallen off the control so was stuck unable to sit up to reach across with my “good” arm. Managed to grab my scratcher & use it to sit the seat up.

I’m with DeAnn; scissors or a flat head screwdriver for cans.

Sturdy small boxes get kept as desk level raisers. So my desk is good a good height for using a mouse on but too low to lift a drink from so a sturdy box about 5″ high is light enough for me to move as needed & when I spill stuff on it I can throw it in the recycling.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account