• Posted by sma-news-today-moderator on April 24, 2018 at 5:23 pm

“Seeing someone talk about the tough stuff reminds me that I’m not the only one going through a hard time, that hard times are a part of life, and that everything is temporary. I will get through this, just like I always have. So, when I do go through a hard time, I try to be honest about it in the hopes that someone, somewhere, might benefit from it.” Brianna Albers

Read what else Brianna has to say about “Waiting for the Sun to Risehere.

How do you feel about living with with SMA?

kevin-schaefer replied 6 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • kevin-schaefer

April 25, 2018 at 2:09 pm

I can totally relate to Brianna here. Just the other day I was feeling kind of down and frustrated. A bad stomachache I had required me to call my caregiver for help past his regular hours, go to the bathroom and then get changed again. It’s little things like this that can get to me, but I’m a lot better at managing my frustrations and staying calm than I used to be. That night I went out with a close friend, and hanging out with her really lifted my spirits.

I think self-care is really important. Make time with friends and family and do things you enjoy, even when you feel like you have too much to do. Great column.