Vijaya Iyer is a freelance science writer for BioNews Services. She has contributed content to their several disease-specific websites, including cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, among others. She holds a PhD in Microbiology from Kansas State University, where her research focused on molecular biology, bacterial interactions, metabolism, and animal models to study bacterial infections. Following the completion of her PhD, Dr. Iyer went on to complete three postdoctoral fellowships at Kansas State University, University of Miami and Temple University. She joined BioNews Services to utilize her scientific background and writing skills to help patients and caregivers remain abreast with important scientific breakthroughs.
Articles by Vijaya Iyer
- Finding good in our rare disease story may not be so rare
- Early treatment may not resolve swallowing problems in SMA: Study
- Doing everything differently is part of living with a disability
- I’m learning to recognize big ‘T’ trauma in my own life
- Toddler dies after months of delay in diagnosing SMA type 1