SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Convenient for Some a Necessity for Us

• Convenient for Some a Necessity for Us

Posted by deann-r on April 22, 2019 at 12:00 pm

As some of you may know from my vlogs I’m a craftsy person. I like to make and create things, probably why I do the vlogs. Over the weekend I made a considered purchase of a serger. If you don’t know what that is, not a big deal, it’s basically a specialized type of sewing machine. After contemplating the purchase for several weeks I bit the bullet and did it. What kills me is the added expense of features that for me are a necessity to even be able to use the machine. Most people find these features convenient, but without them I would have great difficulty using the machine making it virtually impossible to use on my own. I’ve found this to be true with a lot of products lately. All those extra features are so expensive. I actually have a wish list that includes several of these types of items. Curious, do you guys hold out to get the item with features you can use, or do you buy the lesser priced item even if it’s more difficult to use?

On a side note I did apply for the ALEF Assistive Technology Grant (https://www.nmdunited.org/alef) in hopes to help offset the cost of the extra features. Fingers crossed!

deann-r replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.