• Posted by ryan-berhar on February 15, 2019 at 10:58 pm

I was recently summoned to jury duty for the first time. Someone would have to go with me, so it’s not the most ideal thing. I’m sure it’ll be easy enough for me to get out of it, but part of me actually wants to do it. I was just wondering if anyone has done it. If so, what was your experience like? Did any accommodations need to be made?

lupa-f replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

February 16, 2019 at 10:52 am

I got out of it.  From what I’ve heard most of the time cases get settled, so you end up sitting there all day for nothing.  I just didn’t think it was feasible not only for traveling but also the bathroom issue.

• lupa-f

February 18, 2019 at 6:47 am

I went once a few years ago. It was on a Friday, so they only had us sit in a room for about an hour then we were let go since they knew there wouldn’t be anything new coming in that day. I got it again a year or two later and had my doctor get me out of it that time. I was like you and thought it’d be interesting so that’s why I went the first time, but the idea of having to sit there doing nothing all day waiting to get called in, and then maybe having to show up several days in a row if I was picked just wasn’t worth whatever interest I might have had.