SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Parents​ ​and​ ​Caregivers​ Motivation Monday: Caregiver Appreciation

• Motivation Monday: Caregiver Appreciation

Posted by kevin-schaefer on November 2, 2020 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone! Happy November.

With Thanksgiving and the holidays now right around the corner, I was thinking about caregiver appreciation. It’s been a crazy year for everyone, and our caregivers have really had to go above and beyond for us. I’m very close with my CNA, and I want to show him appreciation, especially now.

Granted, I know not everyone has had the same experience as me. I know many in this community have had horrible experiences with caregivers, and I don’t mean to offend anyone with this post. Still, I wanted to spread some positivity and show the people who do care how much we appreciate them.

Do you have caregivers who you want to thank? Are you friends with some of your caregivers?

jennifer-perkins replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jennifer-perkins

November 5, 2020 at 1:07 pm

When Covid started, I went from 5 caregivers to 1.  My one caregiver helped me 7 days a week most weeks. While she doesn’t always show up on time, she has been a HUGE help.  I want to do something for her for Christmas, no idea what though.

I would say we are friends.  We have gone to lunch together and she has come to my house just to hang out.