• Skin Care Routine

Posted by deann-r on March 3, 2022 at 10:21 am

Over the years as my function decreases, so has my skin care routine. It seems like every little step takes so much effort. Even though I enjoyed experimenting with makeup I rarely do it because if I put it on I have to take it off. I envy the people in the commercials who can lean over the sink and splash their face with water. If I did that odds are I’d be drenched in a lap full of water that didn’t reach my face. Currently I just use a wash cloth with water. I tried one of those PMD devices, but not sure I’m sold on it. After that I dab on moisturizer because if I don’t my oil production goes into overdrive. Otherwise that’s about it. Sometimes I feel like I should do more, but I just don’t have the energy for it.

What’s your skin care routine? Any tips, tricks or products that make it easier?

alyssa-silva replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • libracat

March 3, 2022 at 12:59 pm

DeAnn R, I can fully relate with you. So I do what I find to be the more important parts of the “process” which includes washing my face. I’m different than you as my face is very dry. So if I skip a day or 2 I need to really exfoliate so I use a pink scrubbie pad I get from Ulta, because I am weaker I am not too worried about using too much pressure on my face but it is great to get rid of dead flaky skin. Then I rinse and use Clinique 3-step system. But for the lotion I’m usually pooped by note so I have someone put on the lotion in a slightly thick layer so it doesn’t get all absorbed right away and disappear. Braving my arms on the sink is key for remaining through the time I need to get stuff done. If I need to do the lotion too I could do that myself as well. When it comes to make-up it’s another routine. If you want me to fill you in, just let me know and I would gladly write it up too. Hope this helps. 🙂

• alyssa-silva

March 3, 2022 at 5:08 pm

Came here to say I was going to ask this question to the community today ???? I have to admit I have never had a skincare routine other than good ol soap and water. But being in the hospital for 4 weeks has turned my skin so scaly that I don’t know what to do!