SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Sticking to a Schedule

• Sticking to a Schedule

Posted by alyssa-silva on March 22, 2021 at 10:53 am

I don’t know about you, but I deal with brain fog on a daily basis. Between being chronically tired, having discomfort/pain, and the many nuances that go into managing life with SMA, it’s hard to remember things and stay on track.

Since the start of quarantine, I’ve gotten into the habit of sticking to a schedule which has helped me combat the foggy feeling. Every night, I write out my to-do list for work and factor in a “loose” schedule based around these tasks. I use the term “loose” because I know how unpredictable life with SMA can be on a day-to-day basis, so even though there’s a schedule to follow, there is some wiggle room if I’m having an off day. This routine has helped me create discipline and a healthy work-life balance.

Do you have a schedule in place when it comes to daily living goals or do you prefer to wing it?

deann-r replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

March 24, 2021 at 11:47 am

I’m just a very routine person in general. It definitely throws a wrench into things when my routine is off. Spontaneity can be a good thing too though.