SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Apps to Manage SMA/Health

• Apps to Manage SMA/Health

Posted by alyssa-silva on November 5, 2020 at 11:00 am

Does anyone use any apps on their phone to manage things like appointments, medications, medication reminders, etc?

I’m feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment between balancing my 3 jobs and SMA. I’ve even forgotten to take my vital acid blocker a few times this year which is very out of the norm considering I’ve been taking it for 13 years and haven’t missed a day. How do I know I forget? My violent stomach pains after the fact remind me.

Would love to hear your recommendations if you have any. I think I need to get my life a bit more organized so I can get back on track.

(Disclaimer: I love what I do and am not willing to give these jobs up. I just need a better system.)

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • deann-r

November 5, 2020 at 5:36 pm

I’ve been adding more reminders using Alexa. It seems to help. I use it to remind me to cancel subscription trials, remind me of appointments, etc. Sometimes the old fashioned way works too, having some actually mark it on the physical calendar. I’m not all that good with apps, so curious what others use.

• alyssa-silva

November 6, 2020 at 11:21 am

I never thought about using Alexa. That’s a great idea! Thanks!

• yvette-haas

November 6, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Google Calendar is my best friend. Okay, maybe not my best friend, but it reminds me of everything.

• alyssa-silva

November 7, 2020 at 12:51 pm

Girl, Google calendar is my best friend so I get it!! Hahaha my mom and I share our calendars through our gmail accounts and love it.