• Are you a Survivor?

Posted by deann-r on April 12, 2024 at 9:08 am

Are you a reality TV fan? I’ve got a fun video to share with you this week.

As an OG Survivor watcher, I thought it’d be entertaining to use my weekend at Mom’s to make a casting video. Why not? I’ve got the qualities they look for.  Plus, I am a Survivor.

In all reality though, disability representation in television is lacking. Especially when it comes to reality shows. I point out a few reasons in the video.  

Another came to mind after making it. If I won, would I lose my benefits? A million seems like a lot but between Evrysdi and the services I need, it would dwindle quickly. Would it qualify under TWP or is that capped? It’s all so complicated. Is it systemic issues like this that dissuade participants?

If I submit a video, I’d have to cut ¾ of it because of the file size. What would your casting video include? 

alyssa-silva replied 1 week, 2 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

April 22, 2024 at 5:58 pm

I swear I started getting heart palpitations when I saw you holding that chicken. They scare the bejeezus out of me. It’s one of my irrational fears. 😅

I always tell people I’m a cat with nine lives, so I think I’d put that in my casting video. I think it’d make me sound intimidating. I definitely wouldn’t share that I’m afraid of chickens, though.