SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Black Friday / Cyber Monday

• Black Friday / Cyber Monday

Posted by deann-r on December 3, 2019 at 12:19 pm

The shift to online shopping makes me happy. Germfested crowded stores this time of year drive me nuts. On Thanksgiving we did brave one store, but I did most of my shopping from the comfort of home. Now I await the packages. Did you find any good deals? I was so close to ordering an Alexa enabled microwave that I saw on sale. Just couldn’t pull the trigger though because mine still works and I can’t really use it myself anyway. I do have to say I’m liking the heated mouse pad I ordered! Are there any technologies I should keep an eye out for before the holidays?

alyssa-silva replied 4 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

December 3, 2019 at 5:21 pm

An Alexa microwave sounds so cool! But, as you said, I wouldn’t really get much use out of it because I can’t use one to begin with. I really want one of those bluetooth thermostats (can’t think of the name right one) that’s compatible with Alexa. Such an odd wish list haha but what can I say

• deann-r

December 3, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Not an odd request at all. I have a Nest thermostat and love it!

• halsey-blocher

December 4, 2019 at 8:48 pm

I wouldn’t be able to use the microwave either, but now I kind of want one.

Alyssa, I love the thermostat idea! Right now I can’t even read what ours says because you have to push a button to read it. So that’s something I’d like to have at some point. I also it’d be cool to have Alexa compatible door locks.

I am loving having online access to the holiday sales online! I didn’t buy any new tech this year, but I got an amazing deals on wrapping paper!

• alyssa-silva

December 5, 2019 at 11:00 am

I’m happy to hear that, DeAnn! Hopefully I’ll see what all the hype is about on Christmas morning.

Locks at another great idea, Halsey. I’ll have to look into that as well.