This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 6 months ago by Kevin Schaefer.

• Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

This weekend my caregiver is staying with me, while my parents are going on a mini-vacation. Plus, I’ll be going to NC Comicon with a group of friends.

Needless to say, I’m pretty excited. While I still have a good deal of independence, a weekend with the house to myself and spending it with just friends is rare. It took a lot of logistical planning, but I’m fortunate to have a great and reliable caregiver and a lot of great friends.

I’m also moderating and participating in several panels this weekend, one of which will be focused on disability representation in comics and cosplay. I’ll have more to say about that next week, but I’m really excited. I’ll be back here on Monday to provide a full recap. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Have fun!

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Thanks! It was a blast. I’ll post pictures soon in another post.

Ryan Berhar
      Keymaster

It’s awesome that you have a support system that allows for this kind of opportunity for both you and your parents. Have fun!

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Thanks man! It takes some planning, but it’s very doable.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.