SMA News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Weekly Wins Figuring Things Out With Jaco

• Figuring Things Out With Jaco

Posted by deann-r on August 17, 2021 at 8:00 am

It’s here! It’s here! It’s finally here! I’ve had my Jaco for a week now, and I’ve hesitated posting about it because I know some of you guys are still working on getting it and the process is frustrating. Let me tell you though, it’s worth the effort. It truly is. If this is something you’re pursuing keep at it.

Installation took approximately from 10am to almost 3pm. I’m grateful for the Kinova rep who took my concerns about it being obtrusive to heart. It’s as nice and compact as it can be. Despite that I still have to be extra careful going through my doorways. Between this new chair and the arm, my house seems quite small. Speaking of my humble abode, the combined cost of the chair and arm are greater than the cost of my house. But we won’t think about that.

I’m not going to lie, there’s a learning curve with this thing. Because I’m not a gamer it might take me a bit longer to get the hang of it. The first day I was a little overzealous and ended up dumping a bottle of pop, or do you call it soda, at Mom’s house. Sorry for making more work for you Mom. Since then I’m learning to slow down a little and maybe not try everything all at once. What I can do with it is pretty amazing though.

Of course there’s all the things that make it “medicaly necessary,” but for the first time I had cold juice at 11 am. Prior to this I had to have someone put it out before they left at 8 in the morning. If you saw my vlog, I now can do all the things. Stay tuned for upcoming videos. Let me know if you have any questions.

deann-r replied 2 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.