This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 12 months ago by Kevin Schaefer.

• Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

I never really had any issues with swallowing and chewing, but I know many people with SMA do. Since starting Spinraza, I have noticed that my speech has improved and is less slurred, but I eat as normally as I did before.

For those of you who are on Spinraza and have had difficulties with chewing and swallowing, have those things improved? Can you tell a difference? I know often it takes some time to see any changes, but if you have seen anything I’d love to hear.

David Z
      Participant

I’d be very interested in such experiences as well.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Swallowing is difficult to gauge improvement without a swallow study. Personally I have been “cheating” with regular food more often, however I doubt I’d pass a swallow study.  It’s probably more wishful thinking than any significant improvement.

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

I did a swallow study once, more to check on my speech abilities. They didn’t find anything, but the test itself was kind of a pain haha. I’m only doing that again if they make me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.