SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Is technology faltering?

• Is technology faltering?

Posted by deann-r on March 15, 2024 at 9:07 am

You probably know I love my technology. Is there a trick to keeping it all working?  

For a moment everything jived but now I’m having trouble navigating left or right in apps to change television programming because Alexa “Doesn’t know that one.” I’ve been using the remote more on my phone but even that requires a four-digit security code now practically every time I open the remote app. Annoying. 

I’m grateful to have the technology I do, but why is it getting more complicated to use it? Do you have issues with your technology? My sink, curtains, and lights are all being temperamental. Ugh.

P.s. I’m not happy the free version of YouTube has extended its commercial viewing time, but now I can’t even skip when I’m allowed because Alexa doesn’t know what “select” means anymore.  Do you pay extra for ad free versions just to avoid the hassle?

alyssa-silva replied 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

March 21, 2024 at 12:21 pm

I’m not that tech-savvy, so I don’t think you’d want my help! Typically, Google answers all my questions. But yes, I agree that the more advanced technology gets, the harder it is to keep up with it. That might just be my lack of technology skills, though. 😆