SMA News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Weekly Wins Making the Most of a Nice Weekend

• Making the Most of a Nice Weekend

Posted by deann-r on September 21, 2021 at 8:00 am

Living in Minnesota I never know when the last nice day will be. You know, the day you can go outside without adding extra layers or having your fingers decide they’d rather not function because they’re too chilly. Trying to take advantage of what could possibly be the last nice day, Mom and I decided to explore a nearby state park on Sunday. With our lunch packed we head out for our adventure.

On the way we came upon a roadside stand selling pumpkins. Of course we didn’t decide to stop in time, but luckily just when we were about to turn around we came upon another stand. Pulling up to it we both spotted the pumpkins we wanted as souvenirs. That was easy, I didn’t even have to get out of the car. Once we made it to the park, we decided to walk the bike trail before lunch. Knowing Horton hadn’t done his business in the morning, we brought a poop bag. Good thing we did because shortly after heading out on the paved trail he decides to cop a squat, twice. I’m not confident enough with my Jaco skills to attempt picking it up, so Mom did for us.

Although the colors haven’t peaked yet, trees are giving glimpses of yellow, red and orange. After our hike we settle in at the end of a picnic table by the lake for lunch. Although the tables weren’t as nice as the accessible ones at the last park, we made do. It was nice to see most of the buildings had ramp access. Overall it was a nice day.

On our way home we made a detour to Inspiration Peak. Supposedly it has a gorgeous overlook. Despite having a paved path, it was steep and bumpy. After making it about half way we came upon an extremely high pitched incline with a hefty ridge at the top. Not a chance. For a brief second we contemplated attempting it before we came to our senses and turned around. Even though we didn’t make it to the lookout I’m glad we gave it a shot. Plus I discovered the anti-tip wheels on this fwd do serve a purpose.

How do you spend nice days? Do you have state parks in your area? How accessible are they?

deann-r replied 2 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.