SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA My Weekly Journal – 01/14 Through 01/20

• My Weekly Journal – 01/14 Through 01/20

Posted by michael-morale on January 20, 2019 at 12:17 pm
    Monday, January 14, Through Sunday, January 20 – What a crazy and busy week this was. I can’t speak for everyone, but it seems when I get extremely busy, like I am now, the days seem to be shorter. A few times during the week, I would’ve worked all the way through the day without eating lunch, if it hadn’t been for my caregiver reminding me that it was time to eat. A couple of times during the week, when they came in and told me it was time for lunch, I just looked up at the clock and sat there in amazement wondering how the day had passed by so quickly. It’s almost eerie to think how fast these days seem to be going. My energy level and my strength were extremely good all week, and right now, everything seems to be going well.

When I went to my workout on Tuesday, Laura was out for the day, so I got to workout with Emily. Since this was my four week reevaluation day, Emily took all of the measurements necessary for this reevaluation. During my last reevaluation in December, I told everyone that I was not pleased with the results that I got. During my reevaluation this week, my numbers improved and I felt much better about my progress. Click HERE to view the results of my last reevaluation. After completing all of the measurements, Emily and I worked on my core strengthening exercises, which involved my crunches for my abdominal muscles, and we also worked on the muscles in my neck. The reevaluation process takes about 30 minutes, so while we didn’t have the entire hour to focus on my core strengthening, we did those exercises that were most important. When I go for my workout next Tuesday, Emily and Laura will transfer me from my chair back to the therapy table so that we can work on my legs, knees, ankles, feet and toes. We will also be working on loosening the muscles in my neck as well.

In this week’s video, a few of you have written me emails, asking me what I do for a living, so I thought this would be a good time to explain to everyone exactly what I do. I’m privileged enough to work for a great company, that allows me to work from home and to provide for my family. The Internal Revenue Service does not necessarily care that I have spinal muscular atrophy, but they do care whether or not I pay my taxes. With this being said, having a job is something that I’m extremely thankful for. In the description of the video, I list all of the web links for the forums that I manage, along with the YouTube channel that we use for all of our videos. Click HERE to view my video.

I hope that all of you had a fantastic week. Do something for yourself this upcoming week that will make you a better person. God bless you and I’ll see you next Sunday.
    michael-morale replied 5 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.