SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA The SMA News Today Podcast Episode 29: Kelly Miller

• The SMA News Today Podcast Episode 29: Kelly Miller

Posted by kevin-schaefer on March 11, 2019 at 11:01 am

In episode 29 of the SMA News Today Podcast, I interview Kelly Miller. Kelly is a retired disability claims representative, and she has SMA type 2. She currently lives in Houston, Texas with her husband.

During this interview, Kelly discusses growing up with SMA, going to college away from home, and her marriage. She shares personal details and experiences about growing up with a disability, and how she didn’t let her disability prevent her from living her life. This is an hourlong episode, but I do think it’s well worth your time. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Listeners can connect with Kelly directly, here on the SMA News Today forums.

For more stories like this, be sure to subscribe to the podcast. All episodes are available on SoundCloud, iTunes, Spotify, and on our main website at http://www.smanewstoday.com.

Thank you for listening, and have a great week!

deann-r replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

March 12, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Great podcast! Kelly, it’s nice to put a face and voice to the name. Our lives have a lot of similarities. Sounds like we both had pretty good upbringings. Your college experience seems pretty unique. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us!