SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Checkin In: How are you?

• Checkin In: How are you?

Posted by alyssa-silva on January 29, 2024 at 10:59 am

Just wanted to check in with everyone. With the height of cold and flu season, frigid temperatures for many of us, and limited sunlight, January can feel like the dreariest month. I always feel a little blah at this time of year. 

How are you doing? Staying healthy? Picked up any fun hobbies in the doldrums of winter? Feel free to share whatever you’re feeling here.

alyssa-silva replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

February 1, 2024 at 7:26 pm

Thanks for checking in. Have you been able to avoid the bugs going around? I just had that dreadful 24 hr thing that’s making the rounds. Hit me out of nowhere but thankfully short lived. Now I should be good for a while right?

• alyssa-silva

February 2, 2024 at 11:36 am

That would be my logic too!

So far so good. I haven’t been sick. However, I’m at the hospital frequently for appointments so I’m playing with fire. The hospitals are at max capacity in Boston with the flu and COVID. Makes me so nervous. 😬

How are you feeling post-bug? Even though those things only last 24 hours, I find it takes me forever to bounce back.