• Posted by deann-r on October 13, 2022 at 9:00 am

I kind of miss the online SMA socials Cure SMA had during the pandemic. At least I don’t think they’ve held any, have they? It seemed like a great way to connect with you guys.

How are you all doing? Anything new and exciting? Is there something on your mind? How’s the weather?

I just ordered a new pair of microwavable slippers because my last pair got burnt. Lesson learned, do not microwave them without the turntable. That’s the extent of my excitement. This is why I would love to hear what you’ve been up to.

deann-r replied 1 year, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

October 13, 2022 at 9:30 am

Why have I never heard of microwaveable slippers before?! That IS exciting. ???? Which ones do you have and where can I get them?

I’m doing ok. Had a few icky procedures this month so I’ve been trying to recoup the last few days. Hopefully, things turn around soon.

• deann-r

October 13, 2022 at 9:53 am

These are the ones I got https://warmies.com/collections/slippers They’re a one size fits most kind of deal. They do make booties too but for me I thought the slippers would work best.

• alyssa-silva

October 14, 2022 at 2:37 pm

Definitely trying these!

• blake-watson

October 13, 2022 at 11:02 pm

Yeah I really miss the virtual socials. I don’t know why they aren’t still doing them, but I’m thinking some of us should go rogue and start them back up. 🙂

I’m trying to get back into writing again. I think I’m going to do National Novel Writing Month in November this year. I’m sure I won’t be able to write something novel length, but my goal is to at least have a short story by the end of the month.

I also would like to write a bit more on my website. I know writing is an actual job for many of you SMA News Today peeps, which gives you a big incentive to write, but I’m still very impressed by your output! Always high quality stuff (although I miss a lot of it because I forget to check the main website, so feel free to keep dropping links in the forum).

• alyssa-silva

October 14, 2022 at 2:40 pm

I think SMA News Today should start hosting virtual sessions. ????

Thank you for reading our columns! Awesome that you’re going to try out NaNoWriMo. I’ve always considered it but there is no way I’d have the energy for it. I’m beat by the end of the workday.

• deann-r

October 16, 2022 at 11:35 am

Maybe we can work on a virtual get together. I think it would be fun.

Kudos to you for even thinking about the writing challenge. It’s too intimidating for me. Sounds like a good motivator, which is something I need. You’ll have to keep us posted on what you come up with.