SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Columnist Writes About Early Starts

• deann-r

September 1, 2020 at 8:53 am

I’ll let you know after Thursday when i get up at 6 a.m. for my Spinraza day.

• alyssa-silva

September 1, 2020 at 9:11 am

Even though I’m not a morning person and prefer sleeping in, I don’t mind them if I’m waking up around 7:45 just because I feel like I have more time in the day. However, waking up at 4:30 in the morning for injection day is a special kind of hell I wouldn’t wish on anybody hahah.

• losmi

September 1, 2020 at 3:03 pm

I am complete oposite:)

I like going to bed around 9 or 10 pm, and getting up between 5 and 6 am.

Few months ago on a podcast on productavity I heard a guy say something like ” I get up around 6 – 6:30 am, but I guess everybody is different” ; than the woman replied “I know quite a few people who thought they are not morning person but than it turned out they are, on the contrary I am not sure if I know anybody who realized they need to get up later . ”

Over the last 20 years I experimented a lot with sleeping routine, and I am very grateful pandemic enabled me to finally push back to this very early going to bad/getting up. Hopefully the pandemic will stop and I will still be able to maintain this:)

Changing sleeping routine is definitely not easy, it should be done with certain tactics, but if you want to be more efficent and you don’t care so much about night-life I think it is worth it.

• brianna-albers

September 4, 2020 at 1:50 pm

That’s great, Losmi! I love the idea of getting up early, but I never seem to be productive when I have an early start. I’m definitely an afternoon/night person.