• alyssa-silva

November 26, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Crockpot is so convenient! I love it. My favorite meal is actually made in a crockpot. It’s just pork tenderloin, bbq sauce, and half a can of root beer, and oh man it’s DELICIOUS. Currently over here drooling just thinking about it.

• deann-r

November 27, 2019 at 10:43 am

Root beer, I bet that would be good!

• kelly-miller

November 26, 2019 at 5:56 pm

We like to make all kinds of peas & beans in the crock pot. Our most recent was black beans with onions & green bell peppers & spices. We then serve it over rice. I can’t chew the meat very well, but Jack likes andouille sausage in it also. It gives the beans a good flavor. A few weeks before that we made lentil stew. It’s pretty much lentil soup but is thicker, so I call it stew. It’s got lentils, carrots, celery, & ground beef. This one might be my favorite since it reminds me of the lentil soup my mom used to make. I like the thicker version because it’s so much less messy to eat – i.e. it doesn’t fall off the spoon on the way to my mouth the way soup does!

• deann-r

November 27, 2019 at 10:44 am

I like my soups thick as well.

• halsey-blocher

November 26, 2019 at 9:37 pm

Glad I could offer some inspiration! I actually just used my crockpot today to make a dish that I’m serving for Thanksgiving. It’s normally smoked ground pork sausage with baby potatoes and cheese, but the store was out of the sausage that I wanted so I just used regular ground sausage. I’m actually pretty happy with how it turned out. I think it might be better than my last batch.

• deann-r

November 27, 2019 at 10:46 am

That sounds good too. You might have to make a crockpot cookbook!

• alyssa-silva

November 27, 2019 at 12:59 pm

That sounds delicious! I agree with the cookbook idea. Or a food blog 🙂

• halsey-blocher

November 27, 2019 at 9:48 pm

I have to admit that most (okay all) of my recipes come from other peoples cookbooks or blogs! 😂 Sometime I just modify them slightly if the store doesn’t have what I need or there’s an ingredient that I don’t like. So I really can’t take any credit for them.

• halsey-blocher

November 26, 2019 at 9:46 pm

Also, you get lots of brownie points for saying my name right! That doesn’t happen very often!

• deann-r

November 27, 2019 at 10:42 am

Oh good! I’m horrible with pronouncing names, so glad I got it.

• halsey-blocher

November 27, 2019 at 9:49 pm

That was one of the best pronunciations I’ve heard in a while!