Sponsored Post

Time Is Motor Neurons

A father’s perspective: Our journey to finding a treatment

When Quinn, our soon-to-be-born daughter, didn’t make as much movement in the womb as our other 3 children, my wife, Annie, and I thought we had the “chillest” baby in the world. We joked that she was saving up all her energy for when she entered this world kicking and screaming. Quinn was born in August 2018, and she was the most beautiful little girl. Over the first few months, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. In fact, she appeared healthy and had strong upper body strength. But by the time Quinn’s 9-month check-up came around in June, her physical condition started to change.

This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 1 week ago by Halsey Blocher.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Hey everyone, hope you’re all doing well. If you saw my post yesterday, you know that it’s been a rough week for me. Nonetheless, I wanted to share my latest video with you all. Inspired by one of Halsey’s recent columns, and a cooking websiteI decided to share why I love crockpot cooking.  Not only is it easy to prepare meals ahead of time, but it makes tender and delicious flavorful food.  Even grocery shopping is made simple when you utilize services available like grocery pick up.

Hopefully this gives everyone some ideas for Thanksgiving. 

Do you have a favorite crockpot recipe to share? 

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Crockpot is so convenient! I love it. My favorite meal is actually made in a crockpot. It’s just pork tenderloin, bbq sauce, and half a can of root beer, and oh man it’s DELICIOUS. Currently over here drooling just thinking about it.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Root beer, I bet that would be good!

Kelly Miller
      Participant

We like to make all kinds of peas & beans in the crock pot. Our most recent was black beans with onions & green bell peppers & spices. We then serve it over rice. I can’t chew the meat very well, but Jack likes andouille sausage in it also. It gives the beans a good flavor. A few weeks before that we made lentil stew. It’s pretty much lentil soup but is thicker, so I call it stew. It’s got lentils, carrots, celery, & ground beef. This one might be my favorite since it reminds me of the lentil soup my mom used to make. I like the thicker version because it’s so much less messy to eat – i.e. it doesn’t fall off the spoon on the way to my mouth the way soup does!

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

I like my soups thick as well.

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

Glad I could offer some inspiration! I actually just used my crockpot today to make a dish that I’m serving for Thanksgiving. It’s normally smoked ground pork sausage with baby potatoes and cheese, but the store was out of the sausage that I wanted so I just used regular ground sausage. I’m actually pretty happy with how it turned out. I think it might be better than my last batch.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

That sounds good too. You might have to make a crockpot cookbook!

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

That sounds delicious! I agree with the cookbook idea. Or a food blog 🙂

Halsey Blocher
        Participant

I have to admit that most (okay all) of my recipes come from other peoples cookbooks or blogs! 😂 Sometime I just modify them slightly if the store doesn’t have what I need or there’s an ingredient that I don’t like. So I really can’t take any credit for them.

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

Also, you get lots of brownie points for saying my name right! That doesn’t happen very often!

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Oh good! I’m horrible with pronouncing names, so glad I got it.

Halsey Blocher
        Participant

That was one of the best pronunciations I’ve heard in a while!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.