Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

In the latest episode of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse Into My Life with SMA, I share my thoughts on the new movie “The Upside.” This movie stars Bryan Cranston as a wealthy quadriplegic named Phillip Lacasse, and Kevin Hart as his unlikely caregiver Dell Scott.

“The Upside” has already sparked a lot of discussion in many disability communities, primarily over the issue of Cranston being an able-bodied actor playing a disabled character. This is common for movies that deal with characters with disabilities, and I share my thoughts on this issue in my review.

There were things I liked and didn’t like about the movie, and I’d love to hear your thoughts as well.
      Have you seen “The Upside”? What did you think?

I hope you enjoy this video. Share your thoughts in the comments and be sure to subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel.

Michael Morale
      Spectator

Excellent video DeAnn.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Thanks Michael.

Adnan Hafizovic
      Participant

DeAnn I completly agree with you what you said about The Upside.I like also that you showed how the cinema is adapted for people with special needs and I really like it,very simple and usefull.And not expensive.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Thanks Adnan. I’m hoping there will be some good movies over the summer when it’s easier to get out and about. Although this was a good film Hollywood certainly has a ways to go to be inclusive.

Noahoscar986
      Participant

Wow lovely video.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Thank you!

Mike B
      Participant

Great video DeAnn. I’ll chime back in after I see the film. Seeing you deal with the snow and cold brought back experiences I certainly don’t miss!

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Thanks Mike. Another 6-10″ expected this weekend, yay!  Let us know what you think when you’re able to check it out.  I saw in another post you’ve seen Intouchables.  I haven’t yet, but have heard it’s pretty good.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account