SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research Evrysdi (risdiplam) Evysdi – Immune system

• Evysdi – Immune system

Posted by davida on May 25, 2021 at 10:00 pm

Hi I asked a few months ago if anyone was having any issues with catching colds or if anyone feels like your immune system is feeling sluggish while on evrysdi? Ijust got approved and just wanted to check-in to see how it is going for everyone. I’ll be starting thursday. Thanks

davida replied 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • amy-olmscheid

May 25, 2021 at 10:13 pm

Hi Davida,

I haven’t had a cold or sinus infection (my usual winter ailment) in 2020 or 2021, and I have been on Evrysdi since January 2021.  I was pretty vigilant with masking and no going out to many public events during COVID and am still pretty careful even though I have had the vaccine.

Good luck starting the medication. I was nervous but overall it went pretty smoothly for me.

Amy

• deann-r

May 26, 2021 at 8:29 am

Knock on wood I haven’t noticed any issues in that regard since starting in January.

• kelly-miller

May 26, 2021 at 11:42 am

I’ve also not had my usual bouts with pneumonia since starting Evrysdi in December 2020. I feel like I have more energy and less issues with allergies and colds. Unfortunately, I found out today that my insurance has denied my continued use on my recert. My Dr is filing an appeal, so we’ll see what happens.

• davida

May 27, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Hi
    I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to respond. And Kelly good luck with your appeal