This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Alyssa Silva.

• Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

I think assistive equipment is the term I want to use here, but I’m also having a brain fog day so please forgive me if it isn’t!

I’m curious to know what your favorite products are that help make your life easier around the house. Voice-activated lightbulbs, extensions for Alexa, you name it. In terms of accessibility and adaptiveness, what can’t you live without?

Just trying to put a small wish list together for Christmas and am looking for more practical ideas. Thank you!

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Love my Echo devices.  I do have a Google Home as a backup but never use it.  Kitty decided it makes a better chew toy, ha ha.  My Alexa enabled smart TV is awesome!  Mine is Toshiba, but I’m sure other brands work well too. Smart plugs are a must.  I’ll be doing a video on this one but my new rechargeable hand warmer is awesome.  My HomeMedics heated messaging cape gets a thumbs up as well.   Depending on function level I like my automatic stapler & pencil sharper.  My good ol’ yardstick still trumps most of my technology though.

I’m looking for a usb heated lap blanket or shawl if anyone has a link.  Also any devices to open bottles?  What I’ve tried hasn’t worked.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I thought of another thing.  My HP Sprocket printer has been fun.  You can print photos via Bluetooth from your phone.  You can add borders, stickers & do fun stuff with them on the app before printing.  It prints 2×3 photos that are sticker backed.  Great for scrapbooking or I like turning them into magnets.  I do need help plugging it in when it needs charging, but otherwise I can manage it.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

These are all great ideas!!! About your tv… do you have to buy a tv that’s compatible with Alexa or do you use a smart plug or something? That’s definitely something I’d like for Christmas but I don’t think a brand new tv is in my family’s budget haha.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

If your tv has an hdmi port you can turn it into a smart Alexa controlled tv with the Fire Cube. My TV went out so I just opted for an Alexa enabled one. I do think it works a bit better than the Cube, but the Cube is definitely more affordable. Fyi it doesn’t come with the hdmi cable you need.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Ok awesome. Thank you!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.